As an international learning community, technology at Léman engages students to become confident, independent, and critical thinkers, and empowers teachers to personalize instruction. Our Educational Technology Coordinator supports faculty and students as they purposefully and thoughtfully integrate technology into the daily learning experience.
In PreK 3 and PreK 4, Léman provides shared iPads for each classroom. A dedicated early childhood WonderLab space provides access to science, mathematics, coding, and engineering materials to inspire exploration, innovation, planning, problem solving, and critical thinking – the building blocks of the future. From Grade Kindergarten to Grade 2, Léman offers a 1:1 iPad program. In Grade 3 to Grade 5, Léman offers a 1:1 laptop program. In Grades 6-12 we offer a "Bring Your Own Laptop" (BYOL) program to accommodate students' work and learning style preferences; classes also have access to shared iPads and a wide range of technology tools to support and enhance the teaching and learning experience.
Classrooms utilize interactive technology including projection systems, Apple TVs, iPads, and 3D printers. After school opportunities are offered for students to practice and explore a variety of digital tools and design technologies.
We believe that technology:
• Is an essential part of a student's life at Léman.
• Should be integrated throughout the standards-based curriculum.
• Supports students' paths to digital responsibility and global citizenship in the 21st century.
• Empowers teachers to personalize instruction.
• Enables learning “anytime, anyplace, and at any pace” as our students become the innovators of tomorrow.
• Empowered Learners who take an active role in using technology to set and achieve their learning goals.
• Model Digital Citizens who recognize the rights, responsibilities, and opportunities of living and learning in an interconnected, digital world in ways that are safe, legal, and ethical.
• Constructors of Knowledge who use a variety of digital tools and resources to build knowledge, produce creative artifacts, and make meaningful learning experiences for themselves and others.
• Innovative Designers who use a variety of technologies to create new, useful, or imaginative solutions to problems.
• Computational Thinkers who develop strategies for understanding, testing, and solving problems.
• Creative Communicators who express themselves creatively for a variety of purposes using the technological tools that are appropriate to their goals.
• Global Collaborators who use digital tools to broaden their perspectives and enrich their learning by collaborating with others, locally and globally.
Student Information and Learning Management Systems
PowerSchool is our Student Information and Learning Management system. Through this site, community members can access student and family information, classroom websites, attendance, school announcements, and grades so that they make stay up-to-date with students’ learning.
Our full-time IT team is available to support students, faculty, and staff with use and maintenance of technology resources. Our Educational Technology Coaches support ongoing technology integration across the curriculum, as well as drive our digital citizenship, computer science, and information literacy programs. For further information please see our Early Childhood, Lower School, and Upper School Curriculum Guides.
Upper School students are provided with a Léman email account for ease of communication with teachers and other students. Professional and responsible use of this tool is expected in all communications.
Responsible Use Policy
Students regularly review our Responsible Use Policy (RUP) stating the expectations and responsibilities of using technology while at Léman.
Broad Street Campus
(12 months–Grade 5)
41 Broad St
New York, NY 10004
Morris Street Campus
1 Morris St
New York, NY 10004
Léman is an engaging professional growth environment for talented individuals with demonstrated experience, commitment to excellence, and embrace of our school's mission and values. To inquire please visit the Career Opportunities page.