Léman Students Recognized by Scholastic Art Awards
February 08, 2022
We are excited to announce the results of the 2022 Scholastic Art Awards.
Ten Léman students were recognized for their artistic achievement with four Gold Key awards (highest number of Gold Key awards in Léman’s history), one Silver Key award, and seven Honorable Mentions.
The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards are the nation's longest-running (since 1923) and most prestigious recognition program for creative teens in grades 7-12. The program gives thousands of students throughout America the opportunity to broaden their creative horizons while earning local and national recognition. The objective is to foster the confidence of young artists and give them the opportunity to be recognized for their creative achievements by the world at large. The Alliance also partners with art institutes, colleges, and universities to earmark scholarships for college-bound Scholastic Awards recipients.
Congratulations to all of our student artists!
The Léman students who were recognized are below:
Gold Key Winners:
- Peter Sharples (Gr 12) - Rooster - Digital Art
- Peter Sharples (Gr 12) - The World Serpent - Digital Art
- Paulina Valenzuela (Gr 12) - Por Vida - Digital Art
- George Buford (Gr 11) - Izzy - Photography - not a current IB Art student but he put me down as his educator
Silver Key Winner:
- Frederick Buford (Gr 11) - I Loved Lucy - Fashion
- Gabriella Douzet (Gr 12) - Green Moon - Painting
- Gabriella Douzet (Gr 12) - I Dress How I Want - Painting
- Tabi Mechner (Gr 11)- Rustic Atlas - Drawing & Illustration
- Tatum Norris (Gr 11) - Motion - Drawing & Illustration
- Jasmine Novembre (Gr 12) - Everyday Jam - Drawing & Illustration
- Maia Paszamant (Gr 12)- Chaos and Order - Drawing & Illustration
- Junning (Florence) Sun (Gr 12)- Tibet in Smokes - Digital Art